Want to find the best cities to visit with a dog for vacation? Here are DogFriendly.com’s best cities for vacationers with dogs to visit this year. See this link for our complete dog travel guides.
PLACERVILLE, California — May 17, 2010 — DogFriendly.com (http://www.dogfriendly.com) released its 2010 list of the Top 10 dog-friendly destination cities in the United States. The rankings are based on the quality of dog-friendly accommodations, transportation, beaches, parks, attractions, stores, dining and other things to do with your dog.
1. San Diego – The best dog beaches anywhere. Boutique hotels. Many trails and parks to hike and great weather year-round for outdoor dining.
2. Portland (OR)- Enjoy the famous rose gardens and the parks. Have food and drink at the Lucky Lab. This town is dog-friendly inside and out.
3. Austin – Dine in outdoor cafes. Visit the Zilker Botanical Gardens and take a walking or carriage tour. Enjoy many off-leash parks.
4. Northern Virginia – Visit outdoor monuments in Virginia and Washington, take a cruise just for dogs and dine or go to yappy hour in dog-friendly Old Town Alexandria.
5. San Francisco – Many off-leash beaches and areas. Shop and dine in many parts of town. Ride the cable car, walk the Golden Gate.
6. Boston – Tour Boston by boat or take the subway. Follow the Freedom Trail and visit nearby historic sites. Stay at many pet-friendly hotels.
7. Orlando – Glamorous pet-friendly resorts. Boat tour, shop Winter Park or Celebration. Dine at Sam Snead’s. Attend concerts in Lake Eola Park.
8. Salt Lake City – View downtown from Ensign Peak. Ride the Temple Square Carriages and walk the downtown area. Visit an amusement park and many historical parks.
9. Charleston (SC) – Visit the beach or a number of plantations. Take a ghost tour or an eco tour.
10. New York – Great luxury hotels, famous shopping and outdoor dining. Watch a morning show, enjoy Central Park on leash and off.