Although a good pet-friendly vacation can be had just about anywhere, these places go above and beyond in welcoming your pet.
Carmel/ Monterey California tops this year’s DogFriendly.com Top 10 Resort Areas to visit with your dog. This is a familiar place for Carmel on this list, where it has been at or near the top for years. Carmel Beach is off-leash friendly, there are numerous fine hotels and restaurants. The rest of this year’s Top 10 are:
4. Bar Harbor/Acadia – Acadia National Park is very dog-friendly with many trails. Take a boat, camp or hike. Dine in town or in the park.
6. Santa Fe – Stay at a B&B and dine at many pet-friendly patios. Walk the Spanish style downtown.
7. Black Hills – Camping and park options are everywhere. There are dog-friendly attractions to keep you busy for a while.
8. St. Augustine – Take a boat or ghost tour. Visit the Fountain of Youth. Lots of dog-friendly shopping around Old Town.
9. Cape Cod – Beaches, Boats and surf for you and your dog. B&Bs and patio dining in most of the towns.
10. Chattanooga – Shop and Dine along the river. Visit Rock City Gardens and Ruby Falls.
Since 1998, DogFriendly.com has been providing information for people who travel with Dogs world-wide. Find the dog-friendly guides on the web, as a free iPhone app, Android app and mobile website and as paperback books and Kindle, Nook and other ebooks.