Tumbleweed’s Sports Bar, located at the intersection of Blue Mound Road and NE Loop 820, behind Majestic Liquor, is the only entirely dog-friendly sports bar in Fort Worth. The spacious facility includes a large barroom with televisions on every wall, poolroom with six pool tables, an outdoor patio, and a backyard for the pooches.
Leashes are required inside the building, but the backyard is free reign, says owner Cat McFarland, who’s two Great Danes, Boomer and Sasha, spend their nights and weekends cozying up to the locals and catching a breeze on Tumbleweed’s patio.
“I am a dog-lover, but I’m also an extremely busy mother and entrepreneur,” McFarland says. “I just hated the thought of leaving them alone all the time. So, I did the next best thing. I created a fun environment where my dogs could be happy and where other dog lovers could come too.”
Tumbleweed’s Sports Bar first opened its doors in November 2001. Since, then it has been a staple of the Cowtown sports scene.
This authentic Fort Worth bar offers:
· Live Karaoke on Thursday Nights
· Free Food and Happy Hour Prices During all Cowboy Football Games
· Daily Drink and Shot Specials
· Service Industry Nights, Sunday thru Tuesday, with Happy Hour Prices and Free Pool
· Pool and Dart League Nights with Drink Specials
· Happy Hour, Open to 7 pm, Seven Days a Week
Tumbleweed’s Sports Bar is open from 1 pm – 2 am, Monday thru Friday and noon to 2 am on weekends.