These tourist destinations welcome your family and dogs. Visit one for this summer’s getaway.
DogFriendly.com released its Top 10 dog-friendly resort regions in the United States for 2010. The rankings are determined by the DogFriendly.com staff and take into account the quality of a complete dog-friendly vacation including accommodations, things to do with your dog, beaches, parks and dog-friendly patio dining.
1. Cape Cod MA – Visit Cape Cod National Seashore. Pet-friendly ferries and beaches. Also Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard.
2. Black Hills SD – Lots of pet-friendly attractions and camping. Visit a car museum with your dog. See Badlands National Park.
3. St Augustine FL – Dog-friendly shopping and dining. Take a boat cruise and a ghost tour. Visit the Fountain of Youth.
5. Colorado Springs CO – Visit the Garden of the Gods Park and Seven Falls. Shop at the Prominade Shops at Briargate. Drive to the top of Pike’s Peak.
6. Bar Harbor/Acadia ME – Pet-friendly Acadia National Park. Shop and dine in downtown. Ride a number of cruises and take the local bus with your dog.
7. Virginia City NV – Ride a 1800′s train and a stagecoach ride. Walk the wooded sidewalks and shop in the old west.
9. Mendocino CA – Stay in a pet-friendly B&B. Walk the quaint seaside town. Go to the beach and dine outdoors.
10. Chattanooga TN -Walk Rock City Gardens with your dog. Visit Ruby Falls. Shop and dine in downtown.