Pets are a large part of the family; they should get to be a part of the day’s action no matter the location. New York City provides plenty of dog parks, but if you really want to make it a dog day, take that furry fella out with you to grab a bite and soak up the sun. The area’s most pet-friendly restaurants offer delicious food, pet-friendly service and ambiance galore. For the story, click here…
Posts Tagged ‘pet friendly’
Been working like a dog? Your pooch knows it too, and he wants you to take a vacation.
Join us in San Luis Obispo County, located mid-way between San Francisco and Los Angeles, where our communities will make you and your best friend feel like top dogs — from laid-back surfing haven Pismo Beach and artsy college hub San Luis Obispo to rustic wine town Paso Robles.
What’s our secret? In addition to being a dog-centric community, we’re the sort of place you simply want to be on vacation. We’re often on those “happiest” and “healthiest” places to live lists because we don’t take ourselves too seriously and we make time for pure play.
We know every dog has its day. Here’s how you and Fido can get yours:
New Dog-Friendly Visit San Luis Obispo County BrochureSniff out the best places to roam with your pal in the “Treat Your Dog to Pure Play in San Luis Obispo County” brochure. Earn a chance to win a VIP Top Dog Getaway, which includes several of these pet-friendly hotspots now through April 22, 2013 with our Top Dog Photo Contest. Share your best dog photo for a chance to win a stay at Cayucos Pier View Suites, including a wine tour via The Wine Line.
– You and Fifi will stay in style with the “Celebrity Pet Package” at SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel in Pismo Beach, which features a five-acre lawn and direct beach access for pets. Starting at just $179 a night you’ll get plush dog bed and bowls, Canine Concierge welcome brochure, star-worthy gourmet dog treats, tennis dog bone toy and $30 Gift Card. For just $50 more get a paparazzi photo shoot on the beach.
– Poodles James and Ruby — Directors of Pet Relations at the Cayucos Pier View Suites boutique beachside hotel – are on hand to remind travelers that it’s a dog’s life with their “Top Dog” special. Starting at $249 per night get a bottle of local wine, two Top Dog Coffee Bar & Cafe specialty drinks plus access to their Doggie Zen Garden and dog friendly beach.
– Some pet friendly hotels have restaurants on-site, such as Marisol at The Cliffs Resort and Lido at Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa in Pismo Beach or Paso Robles Steakhouse at the Paso Robles Inn in Paso Robles.
– Personalized welcome amenities await Fifi at Dolphin Bay and Holiday Inn Express – San Luis Obispo, and turn-down Buddy Biscuits offered at Hotel Cheval in Paso Robles.
– Your pet may take home amenities, from the Fog Catcher Inn in Cambria (dog bowl with logo and biscuit) and Bayfront Inn in Morro Bay (blanket, treats, toy for dogs and cats).
– Many hotels offer pet-friendly accommodations for a fee, with bedding, bowls and biscuits, such as the Pismo Lighthouse Suites, Best Western Shore Cliff Lodge, and Best Western Shelter Cove Lodge. For more pet friendly Pismo Beach hotels check out www.dogfriendlypismobeach.com
Pet Friendly Activities
– Teach your dog a new trick and try surfing on Pismo Beach. Maybe you can get some pointers from other four-legged surfers, from dogs to famous surfing goats Pismo and Goatee.
– Savor a little hair of the dog that bit you with several VIP dog-friendly wine country tours in the Paso Robles or San Luis Obispo regions, such as Breakaway Tour’s private “Dog Day Wine Tour.”
– Take a Tiki-Boat Tour with your little tail wager aboard Bay Cruisers, exploring Morro Bay Harbor’s otters, seals, sea lions and birds.
– Eat alfresco under the sun or stars with your canine pal, or do some pet-friendly shopping in some of our charming downtowns.
– Check out pet-friendly attractions, such as the San Luis Obispo Museum of Art, San Luis Obispo Botanical Garden and Monarch Butterfly Trail.
– Feel like a kid again with a California bonfire, smores and drinks on Grover Beach with Beach Butlerz or other dog-friendly beaches.
– Go for a coastal hike in our many pet-friendly parks, such as Montana De Oro (“Mountain of Gold”), one of the largest state parks in California.
When you must leave your pet behind – such as “bucket list” spots like world-famous Hearst Castle® – he’ll feel like a lucky dog with our many great doggie day camps and pet sitters about town.
For more information to plan a trip to San Luis Obispo County with your pet, go to www.VisitSanLuisObispoCounty.com.