Jet Blue offers a $299 Unlimited Pet Pass from Sept 5 through Dec 31 for small pets that will fit into their cabin in their carriers. Typically, this restricts a dog to about 15 pounds. Normally, the pet fee is $100 each way for a pet, so if you plan more than 3 segments during this time, it may be worth it to buy the pass. For more information see this Jet Blue Link. For an additional story on this pet pass see this link. For DogFriendly.com’s airline pet travel information, see this link.
Posts Tagged ‘travel’
Taking Fido along with you to the family thanksgiving festivities? Make sure he’s safe, sound and comfortable during the long car ride with pet travel tips from the ASPCA and products from Sure Fit – leader in slip covers and home solutions. A long car ride can create anxiety for your pet and potentially become a mess with unwanted pet fur and slobber. Ensure a pleasurable trip for the entire family with the pet travel tips below and items from Sure Fit’s Auto Friends Collection.
1. Keep your pets safe and secure in a well-ventilated crate or carrier. There are a variety of wire mesh, hard plastic and soft-sided carriers available. Whatever you choose, make sure it’s large enough for your pet to stand, sit, lie down and turn around in.
2. Get your pet geared up for a long trip by taking him on a series of short drives first, gradually lengthening time spent in the car. And please be sure to always secure the crate so it won’t slide or shift in the event of a quick stop.
3. Your pet’s travel-feeding schedule should start with a light meal three to four hours prior to departure. Don’t feed your furry friend in a moving vehicle—even if it is a long drive.
4. Never leave your animal alone in a parked vehicle. On a hot day, even with the windows open, a parked automobile can become a furnace in no time, and heatstroke can develop. In cold weather, a car can act as a refrigerator, holding in the cold and causing the animal to freeze to death.
5. What in your pet’s traveling kit? In addition to travel papers, food, bowl, leash, a waste scoop, plastic bags, grooming supplies, medication and a pet first-aid kit, pack a favorite toy or pillow to give your pet a sense of familiarity
6. Make sure your pet has a microchip for identification and wears a collar with a tag imprinted with your home address, as well as a temporary travel tag with your cell phone, destination phone number and any other relevant contact information. Canines should wear flat (never choke!) collars, please.
7. Don’t allow your pet to ride with his head outside the window. He could be injured by flying objects. And please keep him in the back seat in his crate or with a harness attached to a seat buckle.
8. Traveling across state lines? Bring along your pet’s rabies vaccination record, as some states requires this proof at certain interstate crossings. While this generally isn’t a problem, it’s always smart to be on the safe side.
9. When it comes to H2O, we say BYO. Opt for bottled water or tap water stored in plastic jugs. Drinking water from an area he’s not used to could result in tummy upset for your pet.
10. If you travel frequently with your pet, you may want to invest in rubberized floor liners and waterproof seat covers, such as the Sure Fit’s Auto Friends Collection which has great travel solutions from Pet Hammocks to Car Seat Covers that will protect your car from fur while keeping your pet comfortable.
We cherish our pets like family members bringing joy into our lives and now with Pet Tracker pet owners don’t need to worry about losing their beloved companions.
In partnership with Verizon Wireless, Pet Tracker pet tracking system uses advanced GPS technology to enable pet owners to know where their pets are at all times and set notifications if they wander off via email and/or text if the pet leaves its designated zones. Pet parents can have peace of mind knowing the service is used through Verizon Wireless, the nation’s largest and most reliable network.
Additional pet related apps found in the Verizon Wireless App store include:
Dog Whistle: Take control & teach your dog new tricks via this simple to use dog whistle. Quickly initiate a variety of frequency sounds via the simple dog whistle interface.
Dog Emergency: Designed to help guide you through the important decisions about first aid, as well as how and when to transport your dog quickly and safely to a veterinary hospital or emergency facility.