For The Full Frontier Policy: Frontier
Airlines Complete Pet Travel Information
Pets in the Cabin
Your small pet is welcome to be carried onboard the aircraft. If you would like
to take your pet on your next trip, there are few things you need to know.
- A one-way, directional fee will be assessed at check-in or may be paid in
advance by calling Frontier Reservations at 800-432-1FLY (1359). The fee
varies based on the Fare Option you purchase:
Plus, Classic, & Economy
- When traveling with a pet in the cabin, we recommend that you make advance
reservations on the phone with Frontier Reservations by calling 800-432-1FLY
(1359). Pets can't be booked online. By calling, we can ensure availability
and reserve space for your pet as no more than ten pet containers will be
accepted per flight and no more than one pet container may be carried per
person. We offer the same low fares with no ticketing fee through Frontier
Reservations that we have on FlyFrontier.com.
- Pets are accepted in cabin on all domestic Frontier flights and on
international flights to and from Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic,
and Mexico. Pets are not accepted on flights to and from Jamaica.
- Only certain animals are allowed in the cabin:
- Domesticated dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, or small
household birds may be carried on flights within the United States.
- Domesticated dogs and cats only may be carried to or from
- There are some things you need to do before arriving at the
- Make arrangements for complying with applicable laws, customs and
other governmental regulations, requirements or restrictions of the
country, state or territory to which the animal is being transported.
This is your responsibility.
- Obtain required health documents as described below under health
- Due to limited space in the cabin, if you are bringing on a pet container,
then you may only carry a personal item. No other carry-on baggage is
allowed, as the pet container counts as your piece of carry-on baggage.
- The travel container must be large enough for the pet to stand, turn
around, and lie down in a natural position. The carrier must also fit
underneath the seat in front of you. There may be certain seats which cannot
accommodate your pet container, but we'll work with you to get a seat
assignment that works. Maximum dimensions are based on aircraft type:
- Airbus A318/A319/A320: 24" length x 15. 5" width x 9.5"
- Embraer E190: 18" length x 13.5" width x 10" height.
- Up to two (2) small animals may be transported in one travel container as
follows: puppies or kittens (8-10 weeks old), hamsters, guinea pigs,
rabbits, and small household birds.
- For safety reasons, your pet must remain in the travel container at
all times. If your pet is disruptive, you must soothe him/her without taking
him/her from the pet container.
- We recommend that pets have food or water within four hours of departure.
We ask that you do not provide food or water to your pet while traveling on
the aircraft. The stress of traveling, the motion of the aircraft, and other
factors could make your pet uncomfortable.
- No oxygen will be administered to a pet in the event of an emergency.
Pets Checked as Baggage
Frontier does not accept pets as checked baggage.