For The Full US Air Policy: US
Air Complete Pet Travel Information
When you travel with a pet, check in with an agent at the airport. If you're
on a flight with one of our codeshare partners, please check with that airline
for its carry-on pet policies and fees.
Remember, a pet in the cabin counts toward your carry-on baggage allowance so
Rules & regulations
- One small domestic dog, cat or bird per passenger is allowed in the
passenger cabin for $125 each way.
- Pets must remain inside their approved container under the seat directly
in front of you.
- Carry-on pets are not allowed on flights to and from Europe; South
America; the Middle East; Antigua; Bridgetown, Barbados; Montego Bay,
Jamaica; and St. Lucia.
- Only dogs and cats are allowed on flights to and from Costa Rica.
Contact the embassy or consulate at least 4 weeks before you travel. Call
800-428-4322 for more information.
Approved pet carriers
Maximum pet carrier dimensions:
- Hard-sided carriers: 17 inches long x 16 inches wide x 8 inches tall (43
cm x 40 cm x 20 cm)
- Soft-sided carriers: 17 inches long x 16 inches wide x 10 inches tall
(43 cm x 40 cm x 25 cm)
- On US Airways Express: 15 inches long x 17 inches wide x 8 inches tall
(38 cm x 43 cm x 20 cm)
- On CRJ aircraft: 16 inches long x 17 inches wide x 8 inches tall (40 cm
x 43 cm x 20 cm)
- On DH3 and DH8 aircraft: 15 inches long x 16 inches wide x 10 inches
tall (38 cm x 40 cm x 25 cm)
- Be leakproof and escape-proof
- Be ventilated on at least 2 sides (no part of the animal may protrude
from the carrier)
- Have ample room for the animal to stand up and turn around
- Be made of metal, wood or hard plastic/composite; soft-sided containers
made specifically for pet carriage are also acceptable
For your petís safety, we do not accept any animals in cargo compartments
on US Airways or US Airways Shuttle flights.
Animal relief areas
Charlotte, Philadelphia and Phoenix have designated animal relief areas.
- Phoenix: Terminal 4, west side, level 1 (outside baggage claim)
- Charlotte: Across from Queen Charlotte's fountain (outside baggage
- Philadelphia (departing flights road): Between terminals A-West and
A-East; between Terminal B/C ticketing and the Airport Communications
Center; after Terminal E and F
- Philadelphia (arriving flights road): Adjacent to Terminal A-East
baggage claim; along the Commercial Vehicle Roadway adjacent to the
Terminal B and E baggage claim
Hawaii pet quarantine
Hawaii is a rabies-free state. If you're traveling to Hawaii with a service
animal, emotional support animal or psychiatric service animal, you must have
a health certificate issued within 14 days of travel. If you're traveling to
Maui, Kauai or the Big Island, you must also contact the Hawaii Department of
Agriculture to get a Neighborhood Island Permit before leaving the mainland.
US Airways only permits service animals, emotional support animals and
psychiatric service animals in the cabin for travel to and from Hawaii.
If the service animal, emotional support animal or psychiatric service animal
is a bird, or for information on requirements for allowing the mentioned
animals to enter the state of Hawaii without quarantine, please contact the
Hawaii Department of Agriculture.
Hawaii Department of Agriculture
Animal Quarantine Station
99-951 Halawa Valley Street
Aiea, HI 96701-5602