Search Site

What Does Offer?

Mobile Apps  Ebooks


U.S. Dog Travel Guides

Dog City Guides



Outdoor Dining


Dog Parks


Dog & Pet Store


Campgrounds & RV Parks

Dog Travel Books


Mobile Apps


Dog Photos


Jekyll Island Overview

Jekyll Island Overview

Jekyll Island,

Get Map or Directions

Jekyll Island is located six miles off the Georgia coast, between Savannah, Georgia and Jacksonville, Florida. This coastal barrier island is 7.5 miles long and 1.5 miles wide. From 1886 to 1942 Jekyll Island was used as an exclusive retreat for American millionaires including Rockefeller, Macys and Gould. Today the 5,000 acre island has 1,000 permanent residents and the land is leased by the state to the Jekyll Island Authority who manages the public island. State law limits development on the island to 35%, thus leaving 65% to remain as a nature preserve. The island is set in a relaxed environment with no high-rise buildings or neon signs. This island is home to wildlife like deer, wild turkey, raccoons, hawks, herons, sea turtles and even wild alligators. The summertime is the most popular time of year to visit the island. Summer temperatures average in the 80s F, fall temperatures average in the 60s F with many clear days and low humidity, winter are usually brief and mild, spring temperatures average in the 70s F.

Buy's New US Dog Travel Guide Book

Motel 6

=indicates's dog-friendly advertisers!


Air Travel

Highway Guides

Books and Ebooks

List Your Property

About Us

Press Kit

Contact Us

Recommend Places

Before you visit an establishment or place, please contact them and verify that they are still dog-friendly and available, as policies and management change frequently. All places listed on require your dog to be leashed and under your direct control unless specified  otherwise by an establishments (including parks and beaches) management. Please be aware of local Breed-Specific Laws that may be in place where you are visiting. The information on this site is not a recommendation., Inc. makes no warranties or representations of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the information, content, materials, or products included on this site. If you find an establishment that no longer allows dogs, please let us know so we can remove them from our list. For full Rules and Regulations for Use of This Site, including the legal disclaimer and copyright notices,  click here before using the site
Copyright 1997-2017, All Rights Reserved,®, Inc.
Send email to us at 

       Mobile Apps  Ebooks