Can Dogs Eat Clementines?

Just like humans, dogs need a well-balanced diet, which means feeding them kibble in most cases. But a little bit of human food every once in a while can boost your dog’s health, provided you feed them the right things. Many kinds of fruit make excellent treats for your pup. But are clementines one of them?

Are clementines safe for dogs?

Yes, dogs can eat clementines. Like other kinds of orange, clementines are not toxic and can be a healthy snack in small doses. Clementines have a lot of vitamin C and are a great choice for dogs who suffer from vitamin C deficiencies. Just make sure to treat your pup in moderation. Like most fruits, tangerines have a lot of sugar which can become unhealthy and even dangerous to your dog in large quantities.

How should I serve clementines to my dog?

Clementines make a quick and easy snack. All you have to do is peel the clementine and tear it apart. One or two segments are probably enough. 

You should only give treats in moderation. With any treat, you’ll want to follow the 90/10 rule that states 90 percent of your dog’s calories should come from dog food and the other 10 percent can come from treats.

Tyler Kupcho
Author: Tyler Kupcho

Animal lover, proud husky parent. Writing Intern at DogFriendly.com

Leave a Comment