Can Dogs Eat Fruit?

Fruits come in all shapes, sizes, and flavors. However, they are not all created equal. Many fruits contain toxic pits and seeds, and some are just straight-up dangerous to dogs. That’s why it’s best to do some investigation before you feed anything new to your pup.

Below is a list of fruits that are safe for dogs and a list of fruits that are toxic. Many fruits contain toxic seeds or pits while the fleshy party is perfectly safe to eat. When feeding your dog any treat, you’ll want to stick to the 90/10 rule: 90 percent of your dog’s calories should come from dog food and the other 10 percent of calories may come from treats.

What kinds of fruit are safe for dogs?

What fruits are not safe for dogs?

Tyler Kupcho
Author: Tyler Kupcho

Animal lover, proud husky parent. Writing Intern at DogFriendly.com

Leave a Comment