Can Dogs Eat Raisins?

No! Raisins – which are dried grapes – are highly toxic to dogs. According to the American Kennel Club, even one raisin could be fatal for your dog. If you notice your dog has eaten one (or a few), we recommend you contact your veterinarian or an animal poison control hotline immediately.

What Happens When a Dog Eats a Raisin?

There are some symptoms you may notice in your dog if he’s eaten raisins and is exhibiting toxic ingestion. They can include a loss of appetite, lethargy, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, dehydration, and in the worst instances kidney failure, which can be fatal.

Again, we recommend contacting your veterinarian as soon as you notice your dog has eaten or may have eaten a raisin.

Zoë Butler
Author: Zoë Butler

Content Writer for DogFriendly.com.

Leave a Comment